+91 22 61237272
Amrit Mehta has 11 years of experience in corporate/M&A, insurance and real estate financing, and has advised on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, foreign direct investments and insurance matters.
Amrit has recently completed a 4 months’ secondment as a foreign lawyer at the Tokyo office of Mori Hamada and Matsumoto, a leading law firm in Japan. He recently spoke at the International Bar Association’s conference on “The Fundamentals of International Legal Business Practice” held in Mumbai on February 15, 2017.
Recently, Amrit has:
- Represented NantHealth, Inc. in the sale of its Indian subsidiary to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. as a part of a global asset purchase agreement to sell the assets of NantHealth forming part of its provider/patient engagement solutions business to Allscripts.
- Represented Pelliconi & C. SPA on acquiring a majority stake in Oricon Packaging Limited engaged in the packaging business in India.
- Represented Wacoal Corporation on its single brand retail joint venture in India with Periwinkle Fashions Private Limited.
- Represented Cigna Corporation, Inc. in respect of the proposed increase in stake in its insurance joint venture in India, CignaTTK Health Insurance Company Limited (CignaTTK), from 26% to 49%, and in respect of the proposed replacement of TTK Group, an Indian conglomerate, by the Manipal Education and Medical Group as the Indian joint venture partner of Cigna Corporation.
- Advised Grab Inc. on Indian employment law issues and reviewed and finalized their employment and consultancy agreements, and the applicable human resources policies and registrations.
- inbound investments into India
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Projects and Energy
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Consumer and Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences
- BBA, LLB, National Law University, Jodhpur (2008)
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific Legal500
- “Rising Star” for corporate/M&A in Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Finalist under the category of “Young Lawyer of the Year – Law Firm” for the ALB 1st India Law Awards