We have an established and leading dispute resolution practice (including litigation, arbitration and white-collar work). We represent top companies, national and international banks, and financial institutions. Our dispute resolution team believes in making every effort to provide practical solutions with reasonable speed to its clients, which can make or break a case in India. The work primarily comprises advising on litigation strategy relating to civil and criminal actions across India; and drafting, filing, and prosecuting actions for money recovery, injunctive relief, commercial and banking disputes, IP infringement, etc. Our dispute resolution and litigation team is well trained in representing clients before various judicial authorities in India and has been credited for its business solutions, which have saved many clients from the inordinate delays of the Indian judicial system.
- Ambridge Partners, USA, on matters related to insurance coverage: (i) in respect of a prominent tax case pending before the Supreme Court involving Clifford Chance; (ii) in relation to a matter pending before the Authority of Advance Rulings; and (iii) on a transaction in which it was going to provide tax indemnification and insurance to Summit Partners on a purchase of shares of Calypso Technology, Inc.
- Liberty Global Transaction Solutions on Indian tax matters on a potential M&A insurance deal that Liberty was looking at in India.
- CIGNA International Corporation in respect of the proposed replacement of TTK Group, an Indian conglomerate, by the Manipal Education and Medical Group as the Indian joint venture partner in its Indian joint venture, CignaTTK Health Insurance Company Limited (CignaTTK).
- Axis Bank on a major investment in Max Life Insurance Company Limited and also on its stake acquisition in the mega merger of HDFC Life and Max Life, which has been one of the largest insurance deals in India.
- CPP Assistance Services Private Limited on various Indian insurance laws in respect of its card protection services.
- Mapfre Asistencia on insurance broking laws in India.
- Globality S.A. on Indian insurance law issues.
- Netafim Irrigation India Pvt. Ltd. on maintainability of its claim under a Fire and Special Perils Policy and Consequential Loss Policy.
- CNP Assurances S.A. on its proposed insurance joint venture project with a large Indian company.