We have a historical banking and finance practice, and represent top national and international banks, companies and financial institutions. Our practice is regarded as a premier and sophisticated practice, and our client roster comprises the who’s who of the financial world. External commercial borrowings, trade finance, secured commercial lending, cross-border and national leasing and hire purchase, banking and securities regulatory work, project finance, structured finance, enforcement and realization of security interests and derivatives advisory work form the core of this practice. We have also effectively conducted many major bank fraud cases involving large sums of money.
- Airlines Reporting Corporation in presenting a letter of credit to ICICI Bank Limited, Mumbai, for realization.
- Elementis Holdings Limited in connection with preparing and filing the Annual Return on Foreign Liabilities and Assets of its Indian subsidiary with the Reserve Bank of India.
- Bank Mizrahi-Tfahot, Israel, as regards obtaining a bank guarantee from an Indian company, and advice on its validity under India’s foreign exchange regulations.
- Israel Discount Bank of New York on Indian banking and insolvency laws.
- A leading Indian public sector bank on litigation strategy to recover its financial dues from a borrower.
- Norinchukin Bank, Singapore, in connection with its proposed lending activities in India.
- Axis Bank Limited in connection with setting-up an online platform for Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) under the Payments and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 for discounting and factoring of the trade receivables of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in India.
- Landesbank Hessen – Thuringen (Helaba) on Indian laws pertaining to negotiable instruments and guarantees, and on the statute of limitation to enforce them, including the immunity provided to government or governmental agencies.
- Unicredit Group on assignment of receivables under export of goods and services and on the enforceability of such assignments, and the precautions to be taken to ensure that the assignee has the right to recovery from the onshore importer under Indian law.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Limited on the enforceability of the loan and security documents against the borrower company in default, and its guarantors, and advised on the strategy to initiate effective legal proceedings before the competent forum.
- Punjab National Bank on the aspect of enforceability of loan and security documents against a borrower company in default, and its guarantors, and advised on the strategy of initiating necessary and effective legal proceedings, and on the choice of forum for seeking reliefs.
- State Bank of India on the drafting of the Inter se Agreement and Memorandum confirming the extension equitable mortgage by deposit of title deeds for Jampana Construction Private Limited.
- Several banks based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia led by Saudi Hollandi Bank in creation of a security by the Balsharaf group on the shares of an Indian listed company, involving obtaining the Reserve Bank of India’s approval for creation of the pledge and advice on securities law implications.
- Bank of Baroda, Manchester, on a supplemental deed to the corporate guarantee up to EUR16,500,000 provided by the Indian company directors against the loan of EUR11,000,000 extended to UPL Italia, an Italian subsidiary of the Indian company.