We have an established and leading dispute resolution and litigation practice that represents top companies, national and international banks, and financial institutions. Our dispute resolution team believes in making every effort to provide practical solutions with reasonable speed to its clients. The work primarily comprises advising on litigation strategy relating to civil and criminal actions across India; and drafting, filing, and prosecuting actions for money recovery, injunctive relief, commercial and banking disputes, IP infringement, etc. Our dispute resolution and litigation team is well trained in representing clients before various judicial authorities in India and has been credited for its business solutions, which have saved many clients from the inordinate delays of the Indian court system.
Recently, we have assisted:
- Jeumont SA, France in enforcing in India an ICC arbitration award and representing in execution proceedings before the Bombay High Court.
- Ceres BioSystems in its dispute with Gujarat State Fertilizer and Chemicals Limited, arising out of a breach of contract.
- SABIC UK Petrochemicals Limited in executing a foreign judgment against Punj Lloyd Limited and in winding-up proceedings in the Delhi High Court.
- Wockhardt Limited in a dispute in connection with the cancellation of Wockhardt Limited’s license for manufacturing and distribution of drugs.
- Clariant Chemicals (India) Limited in a dispute in connection with the recovery from another major pharmaceutical company a claim of reimbursement of service tax, which was introduced by the Government of India with retrospective effect.
- Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited in a dispute in connection with the dishonour of cheques tendered for due repayment of liability under availed credit facilities.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Limited in a dispute in connection with the attachment of assets of Dhanlaxmi Bank Limited, before the Bombay High Court.
- Punjab National Bank in a dispute in connection with the enforceability of the loan and security documents against a borrower company in default, and its guarantors.
- Axis Bank Limited on the enforcement of decrees passed by the Bombay High Court in connection with the recovery of Axis Bank Limited’s security deposit amounts under license agreements.
- Hertz International Limited in a dispute under Section 34 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, filed by Carzonrent in the Delhi High Court against the international arbitration award rendered in favor of Hertz International Limited.