We have a top-notch private equity transactions practice that acts for funds and companies across different sectors. We advise venture capital and private equity funds, and foreign portfolio investors, on structuring their investments into India, Indian regulatory and tax (offshore and onshore) advice. In addition, we conduct due diligence of Indian companies in which funds seek to invest. We draft shareholders agreements, subscription agreements and preference share agreements, and advise on minority rights matters and exit strategies. We have also advised start-up companies on corporate structures, business plans and public offerings.
Recent Transactions in Private Equity & Venture Capital
- NongHyup Financial Group in connection with its minority equity investment (through its subsidiary, NH Capital Co., Ltd) in IFFCO Kisan Finance Limited.
- Centre Lane Partners on the acquisition of Synacor, Inc. and its Indian subsidiary, Zimbra Technology India Private Limited, through a tender offer and subsequent reverse merger at a transaction value US$92 million.
- STIC Pan Asia 4th Industrial Growth PEF Fund in connection with its proposed minority investment in a Singapore based entity, having a subsidiary in India.
- Ridgemont Equity Partners on Indian employment law issues pertaining to execution of an exclusive services agreement with a Chennai-based company in the technology sector.
- Bertram Capital, a leading US-based fund, on the acquisition of Perennials and Sutherland, LLC.
- Wynnchurch Capital on its acquisition of a US-based group engaged in the manufacture of steel flanges and having subsidiaries in Europe and India.
- RAG-Stiftung on its acquisition of a 55% equity stake in SecurView, Inc., having a wholly owned subsidiary in India, SecurView Systems Private Limited.
- Shorehill Capital LLC on Indian law aspects of a share acquisition, and also conducted a legal due diligence on the Indian subsidiaries of the target company.
- Softbank in its investment of US$25,000,000 in Findability Sciences LLC and its Indian subsidiary.
- Capricorn Investment Group, LLC on exiting its investment in VAS Data Services Private Limited, which runs and operates the online retailer “YepMe.”
- TA PDI Holdings, Inc. a major US-based private equity fund, on a major Indian IT company acquisition.
- Ambridge Partners on a transaction in which it was going to provide tax indemnification and insurance to Summit Partners on a purchase of shares of Calypso Technology, Inc.
- Devang Mehta and Sandeep B. Shetty on their investment in Zaamy Technologies Private Limited and Gaia Smart Cities Solutions Private Limited, including finalizing the term sheet, and drafting the shareholders and share subscription agreement, the restated Articles and other corporate secretarial documents.
- Unilog Content Solutions Private Limited in an equity investment deal by Kalaari Capital, involving term sheet negotiations, reviewing and finalizing all the transaction documents, and assisting in the due diligence process and until the closing of the transaction.
- Browndove Healthcare Private Limited and its promoters on the Series-A investment of INR170,000,000 (approximately US$3,000,000) by Somerset Indus Healthcare Fund I (Mauritius).
- Montagu Private Equity Limited in relation to its acquisition of Rexam’s Healthcare Devices and Prescription Retail divisions, on Indian law issues, specifically, intellectual property assignment and employment law issues.
- Bikaji Foods International Limited (Bikaji Foods) and its promoters, the Agarwal family, on the acquisition of a 12.5% equity stake by Lighthouse Funds by way of a fresh issue of shares by Bikaji Foods for an amount of INR900,000,000 (approximately US$15,000,000).