Private Equity and Venture Capital
We have a top-notch private equity transactions practice that acts for funds and companies across different sectors. We advise venture capital and private equity funds, and foreign portfolio investors on structuring their investments into India, Indian regulatory and tax (offshore and onshore) advice. In addition, we conduct due diligence of Indian companies in which funds seek to invest. We draft shareholders agreements, subscription agreements and preference share agreements, and advise on minority rights matters and exit strategies. We have also advised start-up companies on corporate structures, business plans and public offerings. Recently, we have assisted:
- Softbank in its investment of US$25,000,000 in Findability Sciences LLC and its Indian subsidiary.
- Capricorn Investment Group, LLC on exiting its investment in VAS Data Services Private Limited which runs and operates the online retailer “YepMe.”
- TA PDI Holdings, Inc. a major US-based private equity fund, on a major Indian IT company acquisition.
- CreditAccess Asia N.V. in conducting a complex vendor legal due diligence on its Indian subsidiaries in connection with an equity investment in CreditAccess Asia N.V. by Asian Development Bank.
- Ambridge Partners on a transaction in which it was going to provide tax indemnification and insurance to Summit Partners on a purchase of shares of Calypso Technology, Inc.
- Devang Mehta and Sandeep B. Shetty on their investment in Zaamy Technologies Private Limited and Gaia Smart Cities Solutions Private Limited, including finalizing the term sheet and drafting of shareholders and share subscription agreement, restating Articles and other secretarial documents.
- Unilog Content Solutions Private Limited in the transaction of equity investment by Kalaari Capital, involving term sheet negotiations, reviewing and finalising all the transaction documents, assisting in due diligence process to closing of the transaction.
- Browndove Healthcare Private Limited and its promoters on the Series-A investment of INR170,000,000 (approximately US$3,000,000) by Somerset Indus Healthcare Fund I (Mauritius).
- Montagu Private Equity Limited in relation to their acquisition of Rexam’s Healthcare Devices and Prescription Retail divisions, on Indian law issues, specifically, intellectual property assignment issues and employment law issues.
- Bikaji Foods International Limited (Bikaji Foods) and its promoters, the Agarwal family, on the acquisition of a 12.5% equity stake by Lighthouse Funds by way of a fresh issue of shares by Bikaji Foods for an amount of INR900,000,000 (approximately US$15,000,000).