Majmudar & Partners’ employment law practice is one of the best in India and has been so recognized by several legal research directories. The core work comprises advising and drafting employment and consultancy agreements, structuring HR policies for organizations, advising on retrenchment and termination of employees, advising on contract labour laws and local Shops and Establishments Acts, structuring stock options and employee benefits agreements, and counseling companies on the practical aspects of Indian employment laws.
- Empaxis Data Management India Private Limited, a subsidiary of the leading US data management services provider, Empaxis Data Management, Inc. on corporate and FEMA matters, and Indian governance issues.
- CPP Assistance Services Private Limited, a subsidiary of the UK-based CPP Group Plc., in its investment in an Indian business process management company in India, involving a deferred buyout deal in several tranches, which raised many governance, control and compliance issues.
- International Game Technology PLC on Indian corporate governance implications in connection with separation of senior level employees and reorganizing the board of directors of its Indian subsidiary.
- ChargePoint, Inc. in connection with its proposed joint venture transaction in India in EV charging space, as also on governance and management issues of its Indian subsidiary, ChargePoint Technologies India Private Limited.
- Wacoal Corporation on its proposed single brand retail joint venture in India with Periwinkle Fashions Private Limited and represented it before the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Foreign Investment Promotion Board in obtaining their approval.