Majmudar & Partners actively advises foreign investors on investments into India and setting up businesses in India. We assist foreign investors on a wide range of services relating to the structuring, establishment and operation of public and private companies, limited liability partnerships, and branch, representative and project offices in India. We also provide foreign investors comprehensive advice in connection with the regulatory framework governing their investments into India. In connection with such investments, we assist our clients on a wide range of transactions, including the acquisition and leasing of real property in India.
- Sloki Technologies Private Limited on a strategic investment by Technopro, Japan, into Sloki.
- The Social + Capital Partnership, LLC on its proposed India entry and related issues.
- Baidu (Hong Kong) Limited in establishing a subsidiary in India, reviewing lease, consultancy, services and other agreements to be entered into by the Indian subsidiary and on data protection, technology and employment law matters.
- Nippon Soda Co. Ltd. on its proposal to set-up an Indian entity for manufacture, sale and trading of agrochemical products, including on agrochemical, corporate, intellectual property, employment and tax laws.
- PT Central Proteinaprima TBK (CP Prima), Indonesia on its overall strategy in establishing business in India, including with respect to establishing a liaison office in India, establishing a wholly owned subsidiary, and acquiring various aquaculture-related businesses in India.
- CPA Australia Limited in connection with its proposal to appoint an agent in India to promote and market its activities in India.
- Empaxis Data Management, Inc. on structuring and establishing an entity to do high-end transactional outsourcing work, including regulatory and tax advice.
- EDI Global, LLC in setting up a joint venture company with Sudhir Gupta, an Indian resident as the joint venture partner, to engage in the business of manufacture and sale of equipment used for treatment of wastewater.
- WH Smith Plc on retailing opportunities in India and the foreign direct investment restrictions applicable to multi-brand retailing in India.
- Elementis Plc in setting up a wholly owned subsidiary in India, and on Indian legal compliances in relation to the operation of a technical services laboratory in Mumbai.
- Alliance Data Systems, Inc. in establishing Indian subsidiaries for provision of marketing and communications solutions and services, since sold to another company.
- KCP Dynamics Group, LLC, USA in structuring investments into India through intermediary offshore locations, identifying the options of setting up a private limited company vis-à-vis a limited liability partnership in India, and setting up of a unit in a special economic zone for engaging in the business of consulting and implementation of enterprise resource planning solutions, hardware services, software and business consulting.