Chambers & Partners
We have been consistently ranked among the top-tier Indian law firms by Chambers Global in corporate/M&A and dispute resolution practices.
Additionally, Chambers Asia has given us a top-tier ranking in corporate/M&A, tax, real estate, technology, media and telecommunications, dispute resolution, employment, and life sciences practices.
Chambers Global has ranked our managing partner, Akil Hirani, for corporate/M&A work and has praised him for his wealth of experience in handling cross-border commercial transactions for notable corporations. Similarly, our partners, Neerav Merchant and Fraser Alexander, have been ranked for dispute resolution work and have been praised for their expertise in an array of commercial and insolvency-related disputes and banking disputes, respectively.
In addition, Chambers Asia has ranked our managing partner, Akil Hirani, for corporate/M&A and tax; partner, Rukshad Davar, for corporate/M&A; partner, Neerav Merchant, and of counsel, Fraser Alexander, for dispute resolution; and tax counsel, Ravi S. Raghavan, for tax.
Practical Law Company
Practical Law Company (PLC) has “highly recommended” us for our corporate real estate, outsourcing and information technology, and intellectual property practices. Further, it has “recommended” us for our private equity/ venture capital, tax, intellectual property, life sciences – corporate and commercial, labour and employee benefits, and environment practices. Furthermore, our banking and finance, corporate/M&A, and telecommunication and media practices, have also been “recognized.”
IFLR1000 has ranked us as a leading Indian law firm for M&A, banking, capital markets, energy and infrastructure, private equity, project development, project finance, and technology and telecommunications work. We have been praised for the high level of participation from our senior lawyers in transactions. Additionally, we have been described as being in our own class among other competitors by a client interviewed by IFLR1000.
Our managing partner, Akil Hirani, has been identified as a leading lawyer in the Energy Infrastructure Deal Report 2017 published by IFLR1000 in association with IJ Global.
Further, our partners, Akil Hirani, Rukshad Davar and Fraser Alexander, have been ranked for their expertise in their respective fields in the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and earlier editions of IFLR1000.
Legal 500 - Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific Legal 500 continues to rank us as a top-notch Indian law firm and has recommended our partners in their respective fields. We have consistently been highly ranked in the areas of corporate/M&A, antitrust and competition, banking and finance, capital markets, dispute resolution, insurance, intellectual property, investment funds, labour and employment, projects and energy, real estate and construction, restructuring and insolvency, tax, technology, media and telecommunications, and white-collar crime.
In the 2020 edition of Asia Pacific Legal 500, managing partner, Akil Hirani, has been ranked as a top-tier leading lawyer in the corporate/M&A and insurance practices. Also, partner, Rukshad Davar, has been ranked as a top-tier leading lawyer in the corporate/M&A practice. Further, principal, Kritika Agarwal, has been ranked as a ‘rising star‘ in the corporate/M&A practice.
Clients have praised partner, N. Raja Sujith, and commented that “he applies his knowledge in a most appreciable way to help in-house counsels guide the business in the right direction.”
In the 2019 edition of Asia Pacific Legal 500, the “very responsive” team at Majmudar & Partners has been noted for its “deep industry knowledge.” Further, the insurance team has been highlighted for its sector experience and ability to “offer added value.” The employment clients of the firm have applauded the team and mentioned that Majmudar & Partners’ employment team benefits from “superbly rounded” lawyers who “deliver a holistic product in the agreed timelines.” The TMT practice at Majmudar & Partners is also recommended for providing “comprehensive, clear and unambiguous advice at competitive rates”, and firm’s taxation practice is highlighted for its “detail-oriented legal advice” and “excellent response times.”
Partner, Rukshad Davar, has been praised as “an excellent communicator” and “extremely knowledgeable on cross-border mergers and acquisitions.” Further, Akil Hirani and partner, Amrit Mehta, have been highlighted as “both particularly strong in their knowledge and good manners when dealing with a client.” Amrit Mehta has also attracted praise for being “very hands-on and proactive and showing maturity well above his years.”
The International Tax Review
The International Tax Review – World Tax 2020 continues to recognize Majmudar & Partners as a leading tax law firm.
Who's Who Legal
Our managing partner, Akil Hirani, had been nominated by his peers and recognized in the Who’s Who Legal 2020 edition as one of the world’s leading practitioners in the areas of banking; corporate governance; data (information technology; and telecoms and media); and M&A.
Additionally, our senior statesman, Mr. A.K. Hirani, has been listed as a leading practitioner for banking law.
In addition, our partner, Neerav Merchant, had been listed as a leading real estate; litigation; and product liability defence practitioner, and tax counsel, Ravi S. Raghavan has been listed as a leading corporate tax practitioner.
Asialaw Profiles 2020 has highly recommended Majmudar & Partners for labour and employment matters. The firm has also been recommended for banking and finance; capital markets; construction; corporate and M&A; dispute resolution; insurance; real estate; and tax work. The firm has also been noted for its technology and telecommunications; intellectual property; private equity; regulatory; and restructuring and insolvency practices.
In the 2020 edition, Asialaw Leading Lawyers has ranked partners, Akil Hirani and Neerav Merchant, and tax counsel, Ravishankar Raghavan, as distinguished practitioners for corporate and M&A, dispute resolution and tax, respectively. Rukshad Davar has been ranked as a notable practitioner for competition/antitrust; and corporate/M&A, whereas, partner, Amrit Mehta, has been ranked as a ‘rising star’ for corporate and M&A.
Clients have praised the team for “great service and being prompt,” “quick turnaround time,” and “practical solutions, efficient and accurate work, and making the best of navigating unnecessarily burdensome local law.”
The firm’s corporate/M&A clients have stated that the “speedy, efficient and reliable” Majmudar & Partners remains a highly recommended practice on the back of strong merger advice.
Tax Director's Handbook
The Tax Directors Handbook has ranked us among the leading tax law firms in India in its 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 editions.
Benchmark Litigation has ranked Majmudar & Partners for insolvency and tax in its 2019 and 2020 editions.
Partner, Neerav Merchant, has been ranked as a “dispute resolution star” for commercial, transactions and intellectual property related disputes.
Majmudar & Partners finds place in the list of top-30 law firms in India compiled by RSG Consulting, a UK-based legal strategy and research firm.
Asian Legal Business
Asian Legal Business has ranked Majmudar & Partners in its annual IP rankings for 2019 and 2020 as a leading patents and copyrights/trademarks law firm.
- 2020 Corporate International Magazine Global Award as “Franchise Law Firm of the Year in India” and “Investment Structuring Law Firm of the Year in India.”
- Lawyers Worldwide Awards Super Lawyers 2020 in the category of “Employment Law Firm of the Year – India.”
- The silver award in the category of “Best Indian Law Firm” at the prestigious International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards event held in New York in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Corporate Insider’s 2019 Business Excellence Award for Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year – India. Also won Corporate Insider’s 2018 Excellence in Law – India award and Corporate Insider’s 2017 Law Firm of the Year – India award.
- 10th Annual GLE Awards 2019 in the category of “Investment Structuring Law Firm of the Year in India.”
- Lawyers Worldwide Awards 2019 for “Banking and Finance Law Firm of the Year.”
- The “Innovation and Excellence in Law” award presented by Corporate LiveWire in 2015, 2016 and 2019.
- Finance Monthly Legal Awards 2019 in the category of “Insolvency & Restructuring Law Firm of the Year – India.” Also won the 2016 award in the category of “Mergers & Acquisitions Law Firm of the year – India.”
- Corporate LiveWire Global Fund Award 2018 for “Investment Funds Advisory Firm of the Year“ and 2017 award for “International Law Firm of the Year.“
- IDEX Legal Awards 2016 as the runner-up for M&A law firm of the year.
- APAC Insider Legal Awards 2016 for “Best Banking and Finance Law Firm – India” and recognized as a leader in M&A law in India.
- Recognized as a leading Indian banking and Indian tax law firm of the year, 2015 by Lawyer Monthly.
- Our managing partner, Akil Hirani, was the winner of the 2019 International Advisory Experts Award – Banking & Finance – India.
- Mr. Hirani has also been recognized as an “Innovative Lawyer” by the Lawyers Worldwide Awards Magazine Innovative Lawyers 2017.
- Mr. Hirani is also ranked in the Top 100 Luminaries of India by LexisNexis.
- In the IDEX Legal Awards 2015, our partner, Rukshad Davar, was a runner-up for the Partner of the Year award, and in the 2014 edition, our partner, Neerav Merchant, was a runner-up for the Best Dispute Management Lawyer award.