Partner and Head - M&A Practice Group
+91 22 61237272
Rukshad Davar has over 20 years of experience in corporate/M&A, competition and tax matters, and has advised on complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures, private equity investments, strategic investments, asset sales and purchases, slump sales and hive-offs, corporate advisory matters, income tax and tax treaty issues, and real property matters.
Rukshad regularly speaks at corporate, M&A and other forums, including conferences convened by the International Bar Association and the International Association for Young Lawyers (AIJA.)
Recently, Rukshad has:
- Representing Arneg S.p.A in its acquisition of a further stake of 30% in its Indian joint venture company, Arneg India Private Limited from Ambience Airconditioning Equipment Private Limited, for INR120 million.
- Advising Intertape Polymer Group Inc. on corporate issues in relation to its joint venture company, Powerband Industries Private Limited.
- Representing Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Factory Inc. on its acquisition of an additional stake of 20% in its existing joint venture company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited from Claris Lifesciences Limited.
- Representing Fluidmaster Inc. on its investment in a joint venture company in India.
- Representing Roto-Die Company, Inc. on its indirect acquisition of Electro Optic (Asia) Private Limited and restructuring of its Indian subsidiaries.
- Represented Altas Copco AB on the sale of the road construction equipment business owned by its Indian affiliate, Atlas Copco (India) Limited to Fayat group.
- Represented EX2 Solutions Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Builder Homesite, Inc., in the purchase of the business of Deznu Technologies Private Limited through a business transfer agreement.
- Represented United Retirement Plan Consultants, Inc. on their investment and tax structuring in India in relation to the proposed acquisition of MGA Consultants in Baltimore, Maryland, for cash and stock.
- Advised N-Viro Systems Canada LP in respect of its supply agreement with Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.
- Advised Wacoal Corporation, Japan on its proposed single brand retail joint venture in India with Periwinkle Fashions Private Limited and represented Wacoal before the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Foreign Investment Promotion Board in obtaining their approval permitting foreign investment in the Indian joint venture.
- Represented Asian Business Connections Private Limited on the acquisition of 100% equity stake of the “Elante Mall”, Larsen & Toubro’s commercial real estate project in Chandigarh for INR1,785 crores (approximately US$275.5 million).
- Banking and Finance
- inbound investments into India
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Consumer and Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences
- BCom, HR College of Commerce and Economics, University of Mumbai (1995)
- LLB, KC Law College, University of Mumbai (1998)
- Chartered Accountant, India (inactive) (1998)
- England and Wales (inactive)
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Bombay Incorporated Law Society
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- International Bar Association
- International Association for Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- A-list of India’s top 100 lawyers by India Business Law Journal
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Runner up for the Partner of Year award at IDEX Legal Awards 2015