Rukshad is singled out by clients for being “commercial and responsive” and for his ability to explain Indian law in a way that is “efficient and understandable.”
“He is willing to roll up his sleeves and proactively lead a deal.”
“He is very well prepared, always available and his advice always arrives on time.”
“Rukshad exudes confidence and experience, and is adept at explaining Indian law to US lawyers and business executives in a way that is easily understandable.”
“Tailors his advice to accomplish the objectives of the client.”
“Ability to secure a win-win scenario for client.”
“Friendly, easy to work with and an effective negotiator and writer of complex contracts.”
“An excellent communicator” and “extremely knowledgeable on cross-border mergers and acquisitions.”
Rukshad Davar has over 23 years of experience in corporate/M&A, competition and tax matters, and has advised on complex domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures, private equity investments, strategic investments, asset sales and purchases, slump sales and hive-offs, corporate advisory matters, income tax and tax treaty issues, and real property matters.
Rukshad regularly speaks at corporate, M&A and other forums, including conferences convened by the International Bar Association and the International Association for Young Lawyers (AIJA.)
+91 22 61237272
- Represented Carlisle Companies Incorporated (NYSE:CSL) on the sale of its braking and friction division globally to CentroMotion.
- Represented ZoomInfo Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:ZI) on its acquisition of Insent, Inc., including InsentApp India Private Limited, through a merger process.
- Represented Centre Lane Partners on the acquisition of Synacor, Inc. and its Indian subsidiary, Zimbra Technology India Private Limited, through a tender offer and subsequent reverse merger. The transaction values Synacor, Inc. at US$92 million.
- Represented Perforce Software, Inc. on an acquihire transaction in India.
- Assisted Korn Ferry (NYSE:KYF) on its global acquisition of three companies from TwentyEighty, Inc., including ESI Performance India Private Limited.
- Assisted Wynnchurch Capital on its proposed acquisition of a US-based group engaged in the manufacture of steel flanges and having subsidiaries in Europe and India.
- Assisted Chart Industries Inc. (NYSE:GTLS) on its acquisition of VRV Asia Pacific Private Limited as a part of Chart’s global acquisition of VRV Srl and its subsidiaries, valued at US$143 million. Also, assisted Chart on the acquisition of employees of Harsco Services India Private Limited as a part of its global acquisition of the Air-X-Changers business of Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC) valued at US$592 million.
- Assisted United Retirement Plan Consultants on the sale of its Indian subsidiary to Ascensus as a part of Ascensus’ global acquisition of United Retirement Plan Consultants group and the underlying business.
- Advised Intertape Polymer Group Inc. (TSE:ITP) on acquisition of an additional state in Powerband Industries Private Limited from its Indian joint venture partners.
- Represented Bertram Capital on the acquisition of Perennials and Sutherland, LLC.
- Representing Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Factory Inc. on its acquisition of an additional stake of 20% in its existing joint venture company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited, from Claris Lifesciences Limited.
- Represented Fluidmaster Inc. on its investment in a joint venture company in India.
- Representing Roto-Die Company, Inc. on its indirect acquisition of Electro Optic (Asia) Private Limited and restructuring of its Indian subsidiaries.
- Represented Altas Copco AB on the sale of the road construction equipment business owned by its Indian affiliate, Atlas Copco (India) Limited, to Fayat group.
- Represented EX2 Solutions Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Builder Homesite, Inc., in the purchase of the business of Deznu Technologies Private Limited through a business transfer agreement.
- Advised N-ViroSystems Canada LP in respect of its supply agreement with Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.
- Advised Wacoal Corporation on its single brand retail joint venture in India with Periwinkle Fashions Private Limited and represented Wacoal before the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Foreign Investment Promotion Board in obtaining their approval permitting foreign investment in the Indian joint venture.
- Represented Asian Business Connections Private Limited on the acquisition of 100% equity stake of the “Elante Mall”, Larsen & Toubro’s commercial real estate project in Chandigarh for INR1,785 crores (approximately US$275.5 million).
- Finalist under the category of “Dealmaker of the Year” for the ALB 1st India Law Awards
- A-list of India’s top 100 lawyers by India Business Law Journal
- Asia Pacific Legal 500
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Runner up for the Partner of Year award at IDEX Legal Awards 2015
- Banking and Finance
- Inbound Investments into India
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Consumer and Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences
- BCom, HR College of Commerce and Economics, University of Mumbai (1995)
- LLB, KC Law College, University of Mumbai (1998)
- Chartered Accountant, India (inactive) (1998)
- England and Wales (inactive)
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Bombay Incorporated Law Society
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- International Bar Association
- International Association for Young Lawyers (AIJA)