N. Raja Sujith
Partner and Head of South India
Rankings & Credentials
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Real Propert
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Consumer and Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- B.A., LL. B, SDM Law College, University of Mangalore
- Bar Council of Kerala
- International Bar Association
- Inter Pacific Bar Association
- Represented Accelerator Enterprise Private Limited on the Series A investment by Accel Partners.
- Represented Devang Mehta and Sandeep B. Shetty on their investment in Gaia Smart Cities Solutions Private Limited.
- Advised Maybank, a Malaysian bank, in setting up their offshore development center in Bangalore.
- Represented Thyssenkrupp India in acquisition of assets relating to crushers and screens from Nawa Engineers & Consultants Private Limited.
- Advised Altran Technologies India Private Limited on a technology master consulting agreement between Lam Research and Vignani Technologies Private Limited, including on data privacy and IP protection issues.
- Advised Tyco Fire and Security India Private Limited (Now a part of Johnson Controls Group) on the process of transfer of employees from one group entity to another group entity including reviewing of all employee transfer related documentation as part of the transaction consists of divesting the business.
- Advised Valagro S.p.A, an Italian company which has been offering a wide range of biostimulants and fertilizers for sustainable agriculture and other industrial application, on various employment law issues in India including secondment of an Italian employee as key managerial person in its India subsidiary.
- Represented Suez Water Technologies in reviewing, finalising and registering the sale deed for acquisition of factory premises including industrial building from GE India Industrial Pvt. Ltd. as part of Suez’s acquisition of GE water and process technology business.
Download .pdf Last month, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (the “MIB”) released the draft Broadcasting Services (Regulation) Bill, 2023 (the “Bill”) proposing a consolidated framework to regulate all modes of broadcast, including digital cable TV,...
Download .pdf Last month, the Reserve Bank of India (the “RBI”) released a draft Master Direction (the “Draft Direction”) proposing revisions to the Master Circular released in 2015 relating to wilful defaulters. The Draft Direction has broadened the definition...
Download .PDF Work from home only if the nature of work so permits, rules the Karnataka High Court. In March 2022, the Karnataka High Court passed an order clarifying the scope of the work from home benefit for mothers on maternity leave. The court held that the...
Following the Indian Supreme Court decision in March 2020 (see our update on the ruling here), under which the ban on cryptocurrencies was lifted, the Indian government brought out the Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021. Although...
Background In 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued guidelines to regulate payment aggregators and payment gateways. The existing framework mandates banks and NBFCs to follow various rules for outsourcing of financial services, which include...
The Reserve Bank of India is proactively taking steps to ensure that customer payment data is processed and stored in India and is initiating actions against any company (including multinationals) who are in breach. N. Raja Sujith and Swati Agrawal discuss...