In our strategic M&A practice, we advise clients on all aspects of cross border, domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, including asset purchase deals, share purchase deals, business acquisitions, takeovers of listed companies and management buyout transactions. We also liaise with various government bodies such as the Reserve Bank of India, the Securities and Exchange Board of India and the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade to obtain the necessary clearances. We work closely with merchant bankers, accountants, and other professionals.
- Intercos S.p.A. in connection with its proposed acquisition of a part of the India business operations of a leading multinational manufacturer of beauty, household, and personal care products, having a significant presence in India.
- Carlisle Companies Incorporated on the sale of its braking and friction division globally to CentroMotion.
- Buchanan Technologies on its acquisition of Cybernoor Corporation, including the business operations of Cybernoor India Private Limited, marking the first acquisition of Buchanan in India.
- RPS Consulting Private Limited on its acquisition by NIIT Limited for INR82.3 crores (US$11 million).
- ZoomInfo Technologies Inc. on its acquisition of Insent, Inc., including InsentApp India Private Limited, through a merger process, and on its acquisition of RingLead.
- Finicity Corporation on its sale to Mastercard for US$825 million plus an earn out up to US$160 million, which is one of the largest fintech deals of 2020.
- Cryoport, Inc. on its acquisition of CRYOPDP Group at a purchase price of approximately EUR49 million.
- Betterworks, Inc. on its acquisition of HyphenMark, Inc. at a purchase price of approximately US$12.15 million.
- DUS Operating, Inc. in the closing of the acquisition of the Indian subsidiaries of Dura Automotive Systems, LLC, as a part of a global asset purchase through a bankruptcy proceeding in the US for US$84 million.
- Frauscher Sensor Technology Group GmbH on the sale of a majority stake in the Frauscher Sensor Technology Group, including its Indian subsidiary, Frauscher Sensor Technology India Private Limited, to the Delachaux Group.
- Chart Industries Inc. on: (i) its acquisition of VRV Asia Pacific Private Limited, as a part of Chart’s global acquisition of VRV Srl and its subsidiaries, valued at US$143 million; and (ii) its acquisition of the employees of Harsco Services India Private Limited (and integration into its newly established information technology enabled services/data centre in India) as a part of Chart’s global acquisition of the industrial Air-X-Changers business of Harsco Corporation valued at US$592 million.
- Korn Ferry on its acquisition of ESI Performance India Private Limited as a part of Korn Ferry’s global acquisition of three companies from TwentyEighty, Inc., in the leadership development area, Miller Heiman Group, AchieveForum, and Strategy Execution.
- Perforce Software on Indian law implications in connection with its acquihire transaction with Welkin Soft Tech Private Limited.
- NerdWallet, Inc., a US-based fintech company, in an Indian acquihire transaction.
- Halyard Health, Inc. on the sale of its Indian subsidiary’s Surgical & Infection Prevention business to the Indian subsidiary of Owens & Minor, Inc., as a part of Halyard Health, Inc.’s global sale of its Surgical & Infection Prevention business to Owens & Minor, Inc., valued at US$710 million.
- CreditAccess Asia N.V. in conducting a complex vendor legal due diligence on its Indian subsidiaries in connection with an equity investment in CreditAccess Asia N.V. by Asian Development Bank.