In our strategic M&A practice, we advise clients on all aspects of cross border, domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, including asset purchase deals, share purchase deals, business acquisitions, takeovers of listed companies and management buyout transactions. We also liaise with various government bodies such as the Reserve Bank of India, the Securities and Exchange Board of India and the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion to obtain the necessary clearances. We work closely with merchant bankers, accountants and other professionals.
Recently, we have assisted:
- NantHealth, Inc. in the sale of its Indian subsidiary to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. as a part of a global asset purchase agreement to sell the assets of NantHealth forming part of its provider/patient engagement solutions business to Allscripts.
- Axis Bank Limited on complex corporate, insurance and securities law issues in respect of the proposed merger of Max Life Insurance Company Limited with HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited (now terminated) and also on its acquisition of shares of Max Life Insurance Company Limited from Max Financial Services Limited and Mitsui Sumitomo Company Limited.
- Cigna Corporation, Inc. in connection with its sale to Anthem, Inc. on the India law aspects of the transaction (now terminated).
- Venaxis, Inc. on a reverse merger transaction with Stand Life Sciences Private Limited.
- Carnival Films Private Limited on the acquisitions of “Broadway Cinemas” owned by HDIL Entertainment Private Limited, “Big Cinemas” owned by Reliance Group and “Glitz Cinemas” owned by the Network18 Group.
- Gallagher Operations Support Services Private Limited on the purchase of its outsourcing business from Crossdomain Solutions Private Limited.
- EX2 Solutions Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Builder Homesite, Inc., in the incorporation of EX2 Solutions India Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary. Further, represented EX2 India in the purchase of the business of Deznu Technologies Private Limited through a business transfer agreement.
- CreditAccess Asia N.V. in conducting a complex vendor legal due diligence on its Indian subsidiaries in connection with an equity investment in CreditAccess Asia N.V. by Asian Development Bank.
- Roto-Die Company, Inc. on its indirect acquisition of Electro Optic (Asia) Private Limited, including regulatory framework, foreign exchange and tax matters.
- Rakuten on a potential Indian online payment company acquisition including regulatory framework, foreign exchange and tax matters.
- Swissco International Pte Ltd. in conducting a legal due diligence in connection with a proposed acquisition of two Indian companies engaged in similar business.
- Midmark Corporation in its acquisition of a 100% equity stake in the largest Indian company in this space, Janak Healthcare, and ongoing corporate law matters.