Ravi S. Raghavan
“He is very knowledgeable, grasps tax law very easily and explains it well. He’s very good.”
“He is a tax specialist who is able to bring his experience of working with a big four accountancy firm and provides the kind of specialised knowledge that we needed.”
“Very well spoken and client oriented.”
“Very strategic and thinks outside the box.”
“Commercially minded and technically proficient.”
“Very responsive with great experience in cross-border transactions.”
“Clear and deeply knowledgeable.”
“He is very practical and easy to understand; a very good communicator.”
“Very responsive, technical and good at providing practical answers.”
Ravi S. Raghavan has more than 25 years of experience in corporate tax advisory work, business re-organizations, international taxation (investment and fund structuring, repatriation strategies, treaty analysis, advance rulings, exchange control regulations, FPI taxation), tax litigation services and other tax issues (including withholding taxes, capital gains tax, permanent establishment concerns, employee taxation, and tax holiday schemes).
Ravi has spoken at different forums on various tax matters, including at the Annual India Tax Forum in New Delhi, and at the Annual Symposium on India’s Taxation Regime at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
+91 22 61237272
- Advised Nippon Soda Co., Limited on complex Indian tax and structuring issues in relation to the launch of a business platform in India.
- Advised Grab, Inc., Singapore, on the tax aspects of establishing a limited liability partnership in India.
- Advised Builder Homesite, Inc. on tax structuring, intermediate holding company structures and transfer pricing issues in relation to acquisition of Indian entities.
- Advised Lumiata, Inc. on Indian transfer pricing and permanent establishment issues in relation to its Indian subsidiary.
- Advised Baidu (Hong Kong) Limited on tax issues in relation to the establishment of a subsidiary in India.
- Advised NantHealth Inc. on tax issues in relation to the sale of its Indian subsidiary to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- International Tax Review
- Tax Directors Handbook
- Who’s Who Legal Corporate Tax – Controversy
- World Tax
- Investment Structuring and Repatriation Strategy
- Corporate Tax Advisory and Litigation
- Fund Formation
- Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
- Financial Services and Insurance
- BSc (Chemistry), Guru Nanak Khalsa College, University of Mumbai (1990)
- LLB, D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, University of Mumbai (1993)
- LLM, D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, University of Mumbai (1995)
- Master of Management Studies, University of Mumbai (1997)
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa