Neerav Merchant has over 22 years of experience in dispute resolution, arbitration, litigation, enforcement of foreign judgments and awards, asset recovery, technology and telecommunication, intellectual property, employment, anti-corruption, and real property matters.
Neerav regularly speaks at several international forums, including seminars and conferences hosted by Asian Legal Business, International Bar Association and Law Society of England and Wales. He is on the panel of arbitrators of Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration.
+91 22 61237272
- Representing MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions India Pvt. Ltd., (an Ericsson Group Company), before the Delhi High Court, and thereafter, before the Supreme Court, duly challenging the regulation notified by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- Advising one of the largest Italian manufacturers and global players in bottle crowns and caps business, as regards a high stake arbitration matter emanated out of termination by our client of a proposed acquisition transaction of majority ownership of a target Indian company from its promoters.
- Advised Elementis Specialities (India) Private Limited on employment law matters.
- Represented a large audit and consulting firm with respect to allegations of financial irregularities by senior management, assisted the client in conducting internal investigation working closely with forensic teams, and advised the client on cleaning up measures and next steps.
- Advised SwissPost, the national postal service of Switzerland, on data protection and privacy issues under Indian law.
- Advised Givaudan (India) Pvt. Ltd. in finalizing the general conditions of contract with regards to appointment of contractors in respect of a manufacturing plant to be set up at Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- Advised CHEP South Africa on Indian employment law issues in connection with its Indian subsidiary, CHEP India Private Limited.
- Representing Jeumont SA in enforcing in India an ICC arbitration award.
- Representing SABIC UK Petrochemicals Limited on its ongoing dispute with Punj Lloyd Limited at the Delhi High Court.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Advantage Services Private Limited on its application to the Department of Telecommunications, Government of India to permit limited liability partnerships to be registered as an “other services provider.”
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Chambers Global
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal
- “Dispute Resolution Star” for commercial and transactions and intellectual property by Benchmark Litigation 2020
- Finalist under the category of “Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year” for the ALB 1st India Law Awards
- Practical Law Company and Indian Lawyer 250
- General Commercial
- Real Property
- Disputes (Litigation and Arbitration)
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences
- BCom, Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai (1993)
- LLB, KC Law College, University of Mumbai (1996)
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Bombay Incorporated Law Society
- International Bar Association (Regional Representative – Asia of the Litigation Committee for 2018-2019)
- Inter Pacific Bar Association (Vice Chair, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Committee)