Remembering A. K. Hirani
Senior Statesman, Majmudar & Partners
(1930 – 2023)
Mr. A. K. Hirani was a senior solicitor and advocate, and a senior partner at Majmudar & Partners. He was a sought after lawyer in banking and finance, and real property matters.
He regularly advised on various debt finance, project finance, real property, leasing, and joint venture transactions. He also handled major restructuring and financing transactions, and general banking matters on behalf of the Industrial Development Bank of India, Industrial Finance Corporation of India, State Bank of India and UCO Bank.
We bid goodbye to him on Friday, June 23, 2023.
A sharp and calm lawyer, and a mentor to us all, his legacy will continue to inspire the legal fraternity for years to come.
Rankings & Credentials
- Banking and Finance
- Disputes (Litigation and Arbitration)
- Real Property
- Consumer and Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- BSc, University of Mumbai
- LLB, Government Law College, University of Mumbai
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Bombay Incorporated Law Society
- Rotary International
- Lodge Blackwell
- Advised Noble House CHS on the application for deemed conveyance filed by Apeksha CHS before the Competent Authority.
- Advised Dirk Allams on a dispute with Landeal Corporation in the Bombay High Court and representing it in the trial of the suit.
- Represented Ramko Builders in litigation against the Narli Agripada Co-op Housing Society Ltd. and assisted in recovering of damages of approximately INR 1,000,000,000 sustained by Ramko Builders. Also represented Ramko Builders on a dispute under the Slum Rehabilitation Scheme.
- Represented Pioneer Housing on an ongoing project development and successfully opposed the grant of interim injunction sought by the Plaintiffs before the Bombay High Court and enabled the client to continue construction of the project.
- Represented Atul Projects in applications filed by third party intervenors for impleading the intervenors as party defendants in the suit pending before the City Civil Court and filed appropriate reply to the intervenor applications.