In our joint ventures practice, we advise international companies on forming joint ventures, and technical and other collaborations in India. We assist them in negotiating with Indian companies, due diligence and drafting of agreements. The insights of our lawyers into the working of Indian companies has proved very useful to many of its international clients.
- CIGNA International Corporation in augmenting its stake in its insurance joint venture in India and on the replacement of its existing joint venture partner by Manipal Group.
- Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Factory, Inc. in respect of its acquisition of an additional 20% stake in its existing Indian joint venture company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited, from its joint venture partner, Claris Lifesciences Limited.
- Coster Tecnologie Speciali S.p.A. in connection with the buyout of its Indian subsidiary, Coster India Packaging Private Limited, from its joint venture partner.
- Stable Beteiligungs GmbH in its first joint venture transaction in India with Pravi Auto Swing Private Limited.
- Pelliconi and C. S.p.A on acquiring a majority stake in an Indian company engaged in the packaging business in India, which was ultimately terminated.
- Utkarsh Global Holdings Private Limited, one of the promoters of Excel Crop Care Limited, in connection with the sale by Utkarsh (along with certain other shareholders) of its stake in Excel to Sumitomo Chemical Company for US$94 million.
- Devang Mehta and Sandeep B. Shetty on the investment in Gaia Smart Cities Solutions Private Limited including finalizing the Shareholders and Share Subscription Agreement and the restated Articles of the company.
- Arneg S.p.A. in its joint venture with the Ambience Group and subsequent buyout of the joint venture partners’ stakes.
- Hareon Solar Technology Company Limited in connection with a joint venture agreement with ReNew Power Ventures Private Limited, to develop a solar project of 72 MW capacity in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Vehicle Access Systems Technology LLC in acquisition of a 50% stake in Minda VAST Access Systems Private Limited from Minda Capital Limited.
- Aureus Analytics in connection with drafting, amending and finalizing their restated articles of association consequent to an investment transaction.
- Master Marine Services Private Limited and Prudential Global Logistics Private Limited in connection with its shareholders’ agreement with Express Global Logistics Private Limited to determine the rights of the shareholders in Master Voss International Projects Private Limited, a privately-held Indian company.
- Wacoal Corporation on its single brand retail joint venture in India with Periwinkle Fashions Private Limited.