We have a cutting edge technology, media and telecommunications practice and has sealed many deals for major clients. We have extensive experience in advising clients on challenging and grey areas in this field. This practice area covers technical and legal advice on technology transfer deals, information security, licensing, outsourcing and data privacy issues. We also advice on and draft security compliance policies for clients, and advises clients on internet-related issues in the areas of online gaming and online payment.
Recently, we have assisted:
- Appear TV AS, Norway on the legal steps and issues in connection with infringement/passing off of the client’s domain name.
- Empaxis Data Management, USA on structuring and establishing its Indian technology subsidiary.
- Epsilon International Consulting Services Private Limitedon export of marketing consultancy services to the US, from an Indian regulatory perspective.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with Indian compliance and regulatory issues regarding data management, business continuity and change management.
- Lumiata Inc. on its India technology and IP protection matters.
- TA PDI Holdings, Inc. on an acquisition of a major Indian IT company.
- Metricspace Technologies Private Limited in reviewing and finalising an outsourcing services agreement with a Singapore based e-government solutions company, CrimsonLogic.