Majmudar & Partners
“Very hands-on and proactive and shows maturity well above his years.”
“Particularly strong in his knowledge and good manners when dealing with a client.”
“Proactive and solution focused.”
“Really sharp individual with a tremendous memory and good relationships in the industry.”
“Excellent lawyer” with a “good grasp on corporate laws and drafting of arrangements.”
“I’m very impressed by his willingness to be accessible at almost any time.”
“Outstanding work ethic.”
“Subject matter expert.”
“Excellent work overall, very efficient, got the job done without making the matter bigger than it had to be.”
Amrit Mehta has over 12 years of experience in corporate/M&A, insurance and real estate financing, and has advised on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, foreign direct investments and insurance matters.
Amrit has completed a 4 months’ secondment as a foreign lawyer at the Tokyo office of Mori Hamada and Matsumoto, a leading law firm in Japan in 2016. He recently spoke on “Current legal developments in M&A in Asia” at the International Bar Association’s Asia Pacific Mergers & Acquisitions Conference held in Tokyo in November 2019.
+91 22 61237272
- Represented Pelliconi & C. SPA on acquiring a majority stake in Oricon Packaging Limited engaged in the packaging business in India.
- Represented NantHealth, Inc. in the sale of its Indian subsidiary to Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. as a part of a global asset purchase agreement to sell the assets of NantHealth forming part of its provider/patient engagement solutions business to Allscripts.
- Represented Cigna Corporation, Inc. in respect of the proposed increase in stake in its insurance joint venture in India, CignaTTK Health Insurance Company Limited (CignaTTK), from 26% to 49%, and in respect of the proposed replacement of TTK Group, an Indian conglomerate, by the Manipal Education and Medical Group as the Indian joint venture partner of Cigna Corporation.
- Represented Axis Bank Limited on complex corporate, insurance and securities law issues in respect of the proposed merger of Max Life Insurance Company Limited with HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited (now terminated.)
- Advised NerdWallet, Inc. in an Indian acquihire transaction.
- Represented Midmark Corporation in its acquisition of a 100% equity stake in the largest Indian company in this space, Janak Healthcare.
- Represented Wacoal Corporation on its single brand retail joint venture in India with Periwinkle Fashions Private Limited.
- Advised Grab Inc. on Indian employment law issues and reviewed and finalized their employment and consultancy agreements, and the applicable human resources policies and registrations.
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific Legal500
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Inbound investments into India
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Projects and Energy
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Consumer and Retail
- Financial Services and Insurance
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
- B.B.A, LL.B. (Hons.), National Law University, Jodhpur (2008)
- Bar Council of Delhi