+91 22 61237272
Neerav Merchant has over 22 years of experience in dispute resolution, arbitration, litigation, enforcement of foreign judgments and awards, asset recovery, technology and telecommunication, intellectual property, employment, anti-corruption, and real property matters.
Neerav regularly speaks at several international forums, including seminars and conferences hosted by Asian Legal Business, International Bar Association and Law Society of England and Wales. He is on the panel of arbitrators of Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration.
Recently, Neerav has:
- Advised SwissPost, the national postal service of Switzerland, on data protection and privacy issues under Indian law.
- Advising Ceres BioSystems India Private Limited on a breach of contract by Gujarat State Fertilizer and Chemicals Limited.
- Advised Appear TV AS, Norway, on the legal steps and issues in connection with infringement/passing off of the client’s domain name.
- Advised CHEP South Africa on Indian employment law issues in connection with its Indian subsidiary, CHEP India Private Limited.
- Representing Jeumont SA in enforcing in India an ICC arbitration award.
- Representing SABIC UK Petrochemicals Limited on its ongoing dispute with Punj Lloyd Limited at the Delhi High Court.
- Advised Rofu (H.K.) Limited on Indian employment laws with special reference to the impact of foreign exchange and income tax laws on the foreign parent employing personnel in India.
- Represented Morgan Stanley Advantage Services Private Limited on its application to the Department of Telecommunications, Government of India to permit limited liability partnerships to be registered as an “other services provider.”
- Representing Wockhardt Limited in various civil and criminal litigation matters in India, and advising on regulatory issues.
- General Commercial
- Real Property
- Disputes (Litigation and Arbitration)
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Manufacturing and Industrial
- Pharmaceuticals and Life sciences
- BCom, Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai (1993)
- LLB, KC Law College, University of Mumbai (1996)
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Bombay Incorporated Law Society
- International Bar Association
- Inter Pacific Bar Association (Vice Chair, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Committee)
- Chambers Asia Pacific
- Chambers Global
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal
- Practical Law Company and Indian Lawyer 250